- Dr. Mazda K. Turel is a Neurosurgeon with vast experience.
- He has been awarded Jacob Chandy Gold Medal for best student in MCh Neurosurgery and Dr. Kalyanraman Endowment Gold Medal for outstanding performance in Neurosurgery.
- Dr. Turel has more than 60 publications in peer-reviewed journals and books.
- He specializes in complex brain tumor surgery, Cerebrovascular and bypass surgery, Endoscopic surgery, Craniovertebral junctions surgery, Surgery for Traumatic brain injury and Minimally invasive spine surgery.
- He is a member of Medical Council of India, Tamil Nadu Medical Council, Walter E. Dandy Neurological Society, and life member of Association of Medical Consultants, Bombay Neurosciences Association, Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology and Neurological Society of India.
Dr. Mazda K . Turel
Dr. Mazda K . Turel
- Cerebrovascular surgery
- Complex brain tumor surgery
- Endoscopic surgery
- Cerebrovascular and bypass surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Surgery for Traumatic brain injury
- Craniovertebral junctions surgery
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Senior Resident, Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago US, 2017
- Senior Resident, Toronto Western Hospital, Canada, 2016
- Associate Professor, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2014
- Fellowship, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Fellowship, Illustrious Toronto Western Hospital, Canada
- Fellowship, Rush University in Chicago, USA
- MCh, 2012, Christian Medical College, Vellore
- MBBS, 2004, Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Groups of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Jacob Chandy Gold Medal, 2012 2. Kalyanraman Gold Medal, 2013
- A summary of some of the recently published, seminal papers in neuroscience. Turel MK, Tripathi M, Yadav R, Srijithesh PR, Takkar A, Mehta S, Ahuja CK, Mehrotra A, Das KK. Neurol India. 2018 Mar-Apr;66(2):496-508. doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.227331.
- Endoscopic partial cervical corpectomy – Opening a new door to create a wider window. Turel MK, Chacko AG. Neurol India. 2018 Mar-Apr;66(2):452-453. doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.227263.
- Machined cervical interfacet allograft spacers for the management of atlantoaxial instability. Turel MK, Kerolus MG, Traynelis VC. J Craniovertebr Junction Spine. 2017 Oct-Dec;8(4):332-337. doi: 10.4103/jcvjs.JCVJS_87_17.
- Ossified ligamentum flavum of the thoracic spine presenting as spontaneous intracranial hypotension: case report. Turel MK, Kerolus MG, O’Toole JE. J Neurosurg Spine. 2018 Jan 26:1-5. doi: 10.3171/2017.8.SPINE17513.
- A summary of some of the recently published, seminal papers in neurosciences. Turel MK, Tripathi M, Yadav R, R SP, Takkar A, Mehta S, Ahuja CK, Mehrotra A, Das KK. Neurol India. 2018 Jan-Feb;66(1):204-216. doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.222845.
- A summary of some of the recently published, seminal papers in neuroscience. Turel MK, Sridhar K, Tripathi M, Yadav R, Takkar A, Mehta S, Das KK, Mehrotra A, Ahuja CK. Neurol India. 2017 Nov-Dec;65(6):1378-1390. doi: 10.4103/0028-3886.217991.
- Idiopathic thoracic transdural intravertebral spinal cord herniation. Turel MK, Wewel JT, Kerolus MG, O’Toole JE. J Craniovertebr Junction Spine. 2017 Jul-Sep;8(3):288-290. doi: 10.4103/jcvjs.JCVJS_12_17.
- A summary of some of the recently published, seminal papers in neuroscience. Turel MK, Sridhar K, Tripathi M, Yadav R, Srijithesh PR, Takkar A, Mehta S, Das KK, Mehrotra A, Ahuja CK. Neurol India. 2017 Sep-Oct;65(5):1112-1126. doi: 10.4103/neuroindia.NI_734_17..
- Management of multiple meningiomas. Turel MK, Tsermoulas G, Wilcox JT, Shultz D, Farb R, Zadeh G, Bernstein M. J Neurosurg. 2017 Jul 21:1-7. doi: 10.3171/2017.2.JNS162608.
- Minimally invasive “separation surgery” plus adjuvant stereotactic radiotherapy in the management of spinal epidural metastases. Turel MK, Kerolus MG, O’Toole JE. J Craniovertebr Junction Spine. 2017 Apr-Jun;8(2):119-126. doi: 10.4103/jcvjs.JCVJS_13_17.
Need Help For Treatment?
Dr. Mazda K . Turel
List of Treatments
- Temporal Lobectomy
- Corpus Callosotomy
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Multiple Subpial Transections MST
- VP Shunting
- Skull Base Surgery
- Sleep Disorders
- Restless Leg Syndrome Treatment
- Narcolepsy Treatment
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency Treatment
- Liberation Treatment
- Sensory Ataxia Treatment
- Cerebral Palsy – Stem Cell Treatment
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Bell’s Palsy Treatment
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Craniotomy Surgery
- Neural Stem Cell Therapy
- Autism – Stem Cell Treatment
- Muscular Dystrophy – Stem Cell Treatment
- Neuropathy – Stem Cell Treatment
- Brain Haemorrhage Treatment
- Blood Clot Brain Surgery
- Alzheimer’s Disease Treatment
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebral Angioplasty
- Cerebral or Brain Aneurysm Treatment
- Endovascular Coiling
- Surgical Clipping
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Pineal Region Tumors Treatment
- Gliomas Treatment
- Pituitary Tumor Treatment
- Paediatric Aneurysm
- Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor
- CyberKnife Treatment
- Microvascular Decompression MVD
- Percutaneous Balloon Compression (PBC)
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery
- Percutaneous Steriotactic Treatment – PSR
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy – Neurotomy