Fibroid Removal Surgery in India starts from 2700-3800 USD. The total cost of the treatment depends on the diagnosis and facilities opted by the patient.
Uterine fibroids are one of the most common causes of infertility and may cause pain and excessive bleeding during menstruation. They have also been linked to infertility in women.
Genetic changes, hormonal imbalance, extracellular matrix, and other growth factors are responsible for the presence of fibroids. The growth rate and size of the fibroids may vary from one woman to the other. There are times when fibroids may even shrink on their own.
Depending on the location of the fibroid in the uterus, they may be categorized into subserosal, mucosal, pedunculated, or fundal fibroids.
However, it is possible to get rid of troubling uterine fibroids with the help of a surgery. Fibroid removal surgery is of different types and is most commonly known as myomectomy.
Depending on the size, location, and shape of fibroid, fibroid removal surgery could be performed using any of the following two techniques:
- Laparoscopic fibroid removal surgery
- Open fibroid removal surgery
- Hysteroscopic fibroid removal surgery
If there is a single, small fibroid, the specialist may choose non-surgical fibroid removal (uterine fibroid embolization or radiofrequency ablation) to remove the growth. However, if the size of the fibroid is large or if there are multiple uterine fibroids, surgery is often considered to be the best solution.
Minimally invasive myomectomy or fibroid removal surgery is nowadays most common and can be performed with much ease and success.
Who needs to undergo Fibroid Removal Surgery?
Not all of the women need to undergo a surgery to get rid of the fibroids. It is only when there are certain issues that need to be taken care of when the surgery is recommended.
The following are the appropriate candidates for fibroid removal surgery:
- Women who experience painful periods and heavy bleeding
- Women who wish to get pregnant in the future
- Women suffering from infertility due to fibroids
- Women for which alternative treatments such as drugs and non-invasive treatment has not worked before
- Women suffering from other health issues due to fibroid such as low back pain and urinary tract or bowel issues