Total Hip Replacement B/L in India starts from 8000-10000 USD. The total cost of the treatment depends on the diagnosis and facilities opted by the patient.
Total hip replacement surgery also called total hip arthroplasty, is a surgical procedure conducted to replace the damaged or diseased hip joint with an artificial joint or prosthesis. The hip prosthesis contains the following three components:
- A stem, which fits into the thigh bone
- A ball that fits into the stem
- A cup which is inserted into the socket of the hip joint
The two types of prostheses used in the total hip replacement surgery include a.) cemented and b.) uncemented prostheses. A combination of both is sometimes used during the surgery, depending on the recommendation made by the patient.
The hip joint surgery is conducted in patients when other non-surgical and surgical alternatives fail to work and relieve the patient of the terrible hip pain. A successful hip joint surgery ensures increased mobility, improved function of the hip joint, and pain-free movement.
There are two types of total hip replacement surgery, differentiated on the basis of whether a single or both the hip joints are replaced. Total hip replacement bilateral refers to the replacement of joints on both the sides of the hips. This procedure is conducted when both the sides are affected.
BEST CANDIDATES FOR BILATERAL HIP JOINT SURGERY
Patients who experience the following symptoms are recommended to undergo bilateral hip replacement surgery:
- Pain in both the sides of the hip, which restricts daily activities such as walking or bending
- Pain in both the sides of the hip that persists even when in resting state
- Stiffness in hip preventing the movement or lifting of the leg
- No relief from the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, or walking support