Total Knee Replacement B/L in India starts from 6500-8000 USD. The total cost of the treatment depends on the diagnosis and facilities opted by the patient.
- The knee plays an important role in mobility. However, this joint may get damaged or diseased over a period of time because of an injury or conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and so on.
- The damage to the knee joint may lead to terrible pain and immobility. A knee replacement surgery is advised when the pain and mobility are not improved despite continuous use of medications and physical exercises.
- A bilateral knee replacement surgery is performed when both the knees are damaged to diseased. If only one knee is affected, then the knee replacement surgeon recommends the patient to undergo replacement of just one knee, a procedure known as unilateral knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis, post-traumatic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, knee deformity, vascular necrosis, and swelling and inflammation of the cartilage surrounding the knee are some of the indications for unilateral and bilateral knee replacement surgery.
- A knee replacement surgeon may decide to conduct a total knee replacement surgery or a partial knee replacement surgery, depending on the extent of damage. A minimally invasive surgery can also be conducted with the help of an arthroscope. This type of surgery allows for minimal healing time, quick knee replacement recovery time, and fewer complications.