- Dr. Manish Baijal is an experienced, proficient and renowned Bariatric Surgeon practicing successfully for more than 22 years.
- The credit of doing scar less neck surgery for Thyroid and Para Thyroid Diseases for the first time goes to him.
- He also performs surgery for Morbid Obesity (Weight Loss) and Metabolic Disorders (Bariatric Surgery) with much dexterity.
- He has acquired great fame for performing surgery of abdominal Wall Hernias.
- Besides, he does Biliary Surgery like: Gall Bladder Stone, Common Bile Duct Surgery etc.
- He was declared winner in the “Excellence in Bariatric Surgery” Category by India News Health Awards in November 2016, awarded with the title “Surgeon of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery” by the Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- The doctor takes keen interest in teaching, and chairs the post of Teaching Faculty in Professional Affairs and Clinical Education (PACE) and Centre of Excellence (COE).
- He is an Accredited Faculty of National Board of Examinations for Post Doctoral Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery and a Faculty Member of Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi.
- In his medical career spanning over two decades, the doctor has received Life Membership of numerous prestigious associations like: Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (ELSA), Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES), Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Indian Medical Association (IMA), Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG), Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS), Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI), International Federation for Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
- He was elected Honorary Treasurer of Asia Pacific Metabolic and Bariatric Surgical Society (APMBSS) and Hernia Society of India (HIS)- National Chapter of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- He was also one of the Founder Members of Hernia Society of India.
- He also played a key role in compiling, streamlining and editing the scientific contents of the Manual- “Minimal Access Surgery- Guidelines and Recommendations,” June 2000.
- After graduating with MBBS from Kasturba Gandhi medical College, Manipal, 1992 he pursued DNB in General Surgery in Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, 1996. After that, he did MNAMS from National Board of Examination, 2000. Later he did FIAGES, Fellowship from Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons and FALS, Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery. He received special training in Bariatric Surgery from Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
Dr. Manish Baijal
Dr. Manish Baijal
- Scar Less Neck Surgery for Thyroid and Para Thyroid Diseases
- Bariatric Surgery
- Weight Loss
- Abdominal Wall Hernia Surgery
- Gall Bladder Stone Surgery
- Common Bile Duct Surgery
- Consultant, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Fellowship, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- MNAMS, 2000, National Board of Examination
- DNB, 1996, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- MBBS, 1992, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- “Surgeon of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery” award, by Surgical Review Corporation, USA
- Winner in the “ Excellence in Bariatric Surgery” Category by India News Health Awards, November, 2016
- Published 75 papers in National and International Journals
- Authored Text Book : Endohernia Repair, First Publication 2004, New Delhi, Byword Viva Publishers Pvt Ltd, Endohernia Repair, 2nd Edition Vol 2, published in July 2012, New Delhi, Byword Viva Publishers Pvt Ltd, Handbook of Bariatric Surgery, New Delhi, Elsevier, Silver Book- Single Port Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (using X-Cone Reusable Hand Instruments), Silver Book- Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment (VAAFT)
- The public release of a Set of 15 Educational CD-ROMS in “Minimal Access Surgery –Basic and Advanced Procedures”, created by him, by His Excellency Sri. K. R. Narayanan, The President of India, on July 15, 2002, added another feather to his crown
Need Help For Treatment?
Dr. Manish Baijal
Obesity and Bariatric Surgeon
List of Treatments
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion
- Anti Aging and Weight Loss Stem Cells Therapy
- maestro rechargeable system
- Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss