- Dr Muruganandham K is a Urologist with 13+ years of experience.
- He performed the first kidney transplantation surgery and also performed the first Laparoscopic kidney retrieval from living related donor at JIPMER.
- He has performed various Endo-Urological procedures including URSL, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, TURP, Flexible Cystonacroscopy, TUR, etc
- His interests are Renal transplant, Uro-oncology, Endourology, Reconstructive urology and andrology.
Qualification and Experience
Dr. Murugananandham is an experienced urological surgeon in Chennai. He has more than 13 years of clinical experience. He is currently Senior Consultant and Head, urology department at Gleneagles Hospital, Perumbakkam, Chennai. Dr. Muruganandham has also been associated with Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry and R G Stone Urology and Laparoscopy Hospital, Chennai. He completed his MBBS in 1999 from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU). In the year 2005, he completed his MS in General Surgery from Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry. Later, in 2009, he completed M.Ch. in Urology/Genito from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow. Dr. Murugananandham also passed DNB in the year 2005. He was awarded a fellowship in 2012 from the Association of minimal access surgeons of India.
Contribution to Medical Science
Dr. Murugananandham is an expert in managing the urological conditions such as kidney stones, prostate diseases including benign prostate hyperplasia, and prostate cancer, cancer of the organs of the urinary system such as bladder, kidney and penis, urinary incontinence and urinary dribbling. He is an expert in performing kidney transplants and achieved excellence in conducting keyhole surgery and Laser surgery with an impeccable success rate. He is an esteemed member of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI), Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry Association of Urologists, and Urological Society of India (USI).
Conditions treated by Dr. Muruganandham K
The conditions which are being treated by Dr. Muruganandham K are mentioned here for your convenience.:
- Prostate Cancer
- To restore Fertility in Males
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Bladder Cancer
- Male Sterilization or Contraception
The conditions that are present in reproductive system in males as well as conditions of the urinary tract are treated through several procedures by this surgeon. Urogenital tumors of ureter, kidney, bladder and prostate are operated upon by the Urosurgeons. A condition that is pretty common is Hernia for which the patients approach Urosurgeons.
Signs and Symptoms treated by Dr Muruganandham K
The signs and symptoms that are seen in patients with urogenital conditions are as follows:
- Blood in urine or semen.
- Dribbling of urine
- Frequent pain or stiffness in lower back, hips, pelvic or rectal area, or upper thighs.
- Painful ejaculation.
- Pain or burning urination.
- Frequent urge to urinate.
- Need to get up many times during the night to urinate.