- Dr. Rajesh Khullar is a very experienced Bariatric Surgeon, practicing successfully for over 33 years.
- He is known as one of the senior most Laparoscopic Surgeons in India.
- His expertise is in treatment for Hepatobiliary Surgery, Upper GI Surgery, Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss and Obesity, Extra Peritoneal Repair of Inguinal Hernia, Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedures for Benign Condition of Thorax.
- He takes keen interest in teaching and training and holds responsibility for arranging and organizing Live Workshops and Conferences to demonstrate and train students on Laparoscopic Surgery in India and Abroad.
- He has also been invited as Skilled Guest Lecturer on Bariatric, Metabolic and Hernia Surgery in National and International Conferences.
- He holds the chair of Accredited Faculty of National Board of Examination for Post Doctoral Fellowship on Minimal Access Surgery.
- Besides, he is a Faculty of Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi and a Teaching Faculty of CEMAST, Mumbai.
- His prolonged service as a medical practitioner fetched him Life Membership of several prestigious associations like: International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO), Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (ELSA), Association of Surgeons India (ASI), Indian Medical Association (IMA), Indian Society for Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG).
- Moreover, he has been elected President of Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI), President of Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS), Joint Secretary of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS), and Executive Member of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES).
- Being a renowned teacher, trainer and practitioner, the doctor takes keen interest in research and publications and has co-authored text books. Along with Dr. Manish Baijlal he has penned the text book “Endohernia Repair”, Vol 1 and 2, published in 2004 and 2012.
- He played an important role in collecting, forming, streamlining and editing the scientific contents of the manual “Minimal Access Surgery- Guidelines and Recommendations”, approved by the Ministry of Health, National Board of Examination, Medical Council of India, Indian Medical Association, Association of Gastrointestinal and Endosurgeons.
- After graduating with MBBS from AFMC, Pune University in 1980, he pursued MS in General Surgery in PGI, Chandigarh in 1984.
Dr. Rajesh Khullar
Dr. Rajesh Khullar
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss and Obesity
- Upper GI Surgery
- Extra Peritoneal Repair of Inguinal Hernia
- Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedures for Benign Condition of Thorax
- Vice President, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, 1985
- MS, 1984, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- MBBS, 1980, Pune University
- Published papers in National and International Journals.
- Co-authored text book, “Endohernia Repair”, Vol 1 &2 published in 2004 &2012
- Played important role in Collecting, Forming, Streamlining and Editing the contents of the manual, “ Minimal Access Surgery –Guidelines and Recommendations”, approved by Ministry of Health, National Board of Examination, Indian Medical Association, Medical Council of India, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal and Endosurgeons.
- One of the creators of the set of 15 CD-ROMs on Minimal Access Surgery-Basic and Advanced Procedures, released by His Excellency Mr. K.R. Narayanan, the President of India on July 15 2002
- Jr. Editor, Hernia Section, Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS)
- Reviewer, Hernia Journal
Need Help For Treatment?
Dr. Rajesh Khullar
Obesity and Bariatric Surgeon
List of Treatments
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric Banding Surgery
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- laparoscopic biliopancreatic diversion
- Anti Aging and Weight Loss Stem Cells Therapy
- maestro rechargeable system
- Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss